Director of Professional Services
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for a Director of Professional Services to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Liza Smyth, SVP OF Customer Experience at Formstack, is looking to hire someone who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are:
- You strive to promote and support continuous improvement focused on quality, workflow processes, and efficiencies.
- You are a strong planner and a master of efficiency.
- You are passionate about building partnerships and working with a diverse team across various departments.
- You are skilled at leveraging resources to maximize performance.
What You’ll Do:
The Director of Professional Services will manage our Professional Services (PS) team and lead a multiple disciplinary team in the delivery of customer contractual obligations. The Director of Professional Services provides the strategic vision and leads service delivery for Formstack’s Professional Services team.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, this leader will be responsible for developing strategies and operations to deliver best-in-class services (i.e., consulting, building and project management to help customers accelerate their data collection transformation). The Director of Professional Services works to build and scale a services business, in a bold, fast-moving, transparent and values-led organization to enable customer and company success.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Create service offerings aligned to enterprise and commercial market segments, including value positioning, scope of services, collateral, and pricing.
- Managing the PS team through the successful creation of Formstack’s solutions
- Ensure completion of projects on-time and on-budget
- Drive projects and initiatives that meet or exceed our revenue commitments.
- Ensure the successful completion of quality product and solution implementations utilizing strong leadership, project and resource management skills
- Be accountable for services' financial goals and metrics, including bookings, revenue, gross margin, and utilization.
- Develop and follow the project timelines for all projects utilizing the standard implementation documentation
- Act as an evangelist for services, assisting sales with selling and serving as an executive sponsor for our strategic customers.
- Directly oversee execution of workflow solutions and project management for Enterprise customer engagements.
- Provide weekly status reports/KPIs to the management team and other internal staff
- Actively participate in the refinement and implementation of internal processes and procedures based on client feedback to support Formstack in solution/service deployment, and customer relationship management
- Ability to drive projects in a matrix management environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results orientation
- Proficiency in collaboration, conflict resolution, group interaction and dynamics, project management, and facilitation of significant projects
- Maintain a high level of commitment to superior customer satisfaction through the entire duration of the customer relationship
- Coach and guide your team to professionally, appropriately, and independently manage implementation and project management for all levels of customer engagements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Years of management experience in Services, Professional Services, Consulting, and/or project management; vendor or third-party consulting experience in a Software environment is preferred.
- Experience leading multiple projects that span client stakeholders, including internal senior leadership and external influencers
- Demonstrated ability to secure and maintain professional work relationships with clients interact within all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Process Management - Develops and or uses work standards, and measurements to track performance.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement focused on quality, workflow processes, and efficiencies.
- Leverage resources including people, technology, research, and data to maximize performance.
- Communication –Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Leadership - Leads through vision and values and models leadership behaviors.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Salesforce technical skills desired
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Collaboration - Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects, and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with a candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Administrative Management - Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely activity and performance reports.
$120,000 - $150,000 per year (USD) + bonus up to 15% of base salary
***This is a remote position***
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.