Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Formstack, is looking to hire someone who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are:
- You are a great communicator with excellent documentation skills
- You are a self-guided person with the ability to correctly prioritize projects given the evolving research needs of the firm's analysts
- You are a hands-on individual who is constantly in touch with data stakeholders rather than designing solutions in isolation
- You are a proactive thinker of data end-user scenarios and engineering the solutions required for these
What You’ll Do:
A typical day in this role would likely involve tracking usage of the Data
Team's third-party vendor data sets by the firm's analysts and offering design
improvements to the schema to improve reads. On some days you'd be reaching out to
the analysts to get feedback on their use of these datasets while on others
you would be working on scalable design improvements to the Data Team's
throughput processes to meet these requirements. This position will report to the head of Data Engineering.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Be functionally responsible for one or more of the Data Team's vendor-specific batch and streaming ETL pipelines
- Optimize data transformations for data end-use via Looker
- Keep abreast of analyst requirements for the company's vendor-specific data sources and make adjustments to these as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience building enterprise-quality (shippable) code in flavors of PHP/Python/Go or similar
- 2+ years experience designing ETL (esp streaming) pipelines from scratch (not just working with out-of-the-box ETL solutions)
- Experience with *nix systems, including shell scripting
- Expert SQL proficiency (MySQL)
- Thorough understanding of scalable data throughput architectures with a view to optimizing performance as balanced against costs
- Experience working with a wide variety of APIs and authentication protocols
- Familiarity with data infrastructure <=> BI Platform optimization concepts (in particular Looker)
- Prior experience working with data infrastructures feeding BI tools. e.g. Spotfire, Panopticon, Tableau, Looker, etc. ( Note: we are a Looker shop)
- Prior experience working with marketing automation vendors ( Pardot, Pendo, Google Analytics, etc. )
- Experience with Airflow
- Knowledge of NoSQL (DynamoDb) and/or GCP architectures is a plus
- Knowledge of Kinesis firehose, lambda functions, and messaging/queueing systems a plus
Salary Range: $110,000 - $120,000 per year (USD)
***This is a remote position***
What Formstack Offers for Full Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location. Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.