Director of Product Management
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Richard Yu, Chief Product Officer at Formstack, is looking to hire someone who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are:
- You are a SaaS product leader who drives results by working collaboratively with cross-functional teams within and outside the organization – engineering, marketing, sales, and finance.
- You possess both business and technical intelligence, and are able to simultaneously hold a strategic product vision and to deliver pragmatically. You balance the three key items for a leader; vision, execution, and measurement.
- You are comfortable being hands-on with enterprise SaaS products, while also being able to articulate the story at appropriate depth depending upon audience types – customers, partners, peers, and C-level executives.
- You have relevant experience with SaaS and business process automation across all segments of the market from SMB to enterprise, via self-service, direct sales, and partner channels.
- You enjoy the entire product life cycle, including strategy, requirements, delivery, go to market, and continuous improvement of the products. You invest time to learn our market and technology, understanding customer problems, synthesizing needs, and defining innovative solutions.
- You are positive, adaptable, and proactive in a dynamic and remote-first work environment; attention to details is an inherent part of your communications and work output.
- You have a strong ability to coach and mentor individuals into an effective and efficient team. You know that no matter how good your ideas are they will not succeed without the support of the team.
- You believe that the way to succeed is getting the right products in the hands of real users, learn fast, and iterate.
What You’ll Do:
The Director of Product Management is responsible for developing product strategy and driving business outcomes for Formstack’s portfolio of SaaS products. You will lead a team of 4-6 product managers, and work closely with designers, engineering, operations, marketers, and sales colleagues. You will be the owner of the overall product strategy, the objectives and key results, and the product roadmap for your products. You will also be the evangelist for your products, both internally with peers and the C-level, as well as externally with customers and partners. Working with your partners in product marketing, you will help define your products’ position, pricing, and packaging. You will refine and monitor the performance metrics of your product to ensure their market competitiveness, customer satisfaction, and overall business success.
How You’ll Succeed:
As a key member of the product leadership, you are entrusted with the success of your team and product line. You are expected to:
- Manage, mentor, and coach your product managers.
- Define product strategy and roadmap with a focus on business results.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from planning, to development, to release and go to market of your products.
- Prioritize and maintain a detailed product roadmap driven by business analysis, competitive positioning, and customer input
- Develop and champion product positioning, support sales and channel strategy, validate market messaging, and contribute content for enablement.
- Challenge the conventional wisdom; take our team, processes, and outcomes from good to better to great.
What We’re Looking For:
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience managing SaaS products and product teams.
- A balance of technical background with strong business acumen.
- Knowledge and experiences with business process automation, workflow management, and high-volume survey products are a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing customer expectations and escalations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of building strong relationships with all stakeholders and managing by influence.
- University degree in engineering or technical discipline, an MBA is a plus.
Salary Range: $160,000-$175,000 per year + bonus up to 15% of base salary
***This is a remote position***
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.