As the Billing Manager, you will oversee all billing related functions including invoicing, collections, and customer support. You will create an inspiring team environment with an inclusive, agile and communicative culture. You will ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration and prioritization. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and drive the team to achieve team and individual goals. You will work under the direction of the Director of Accounting & Controller.
Who You Are
- You are a leader.
- You enjoy working with others and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- You are open-minded and will assess situations from every angle in order to make good, impactful decisions.
- You are not satisfied with subpar performance and will hold yourself, as well as others, accountable when goals and/or expectations are not met.
- You are agile and can easily iterate on existing tasks/projects when change is necessary.
- You are proactive, a great communicator, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy.
- You always see a project through from start to finish.
- You are able to take on new projects with minimal supervision, and you’re able to take initiative when tasked with something you’re unfamiliar with.
- You are a problem solver. You are resourceful. You like to dig in, troubleshoot the situation, and find a solution.
What You Will Do
- Manage all activities and staffing of the billing, collections and customer intake/provisioning functions, evolving and improving processes as necessary to meet the needs of a rapidly-growing business
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure timely and accurate provisioning of accounts and billing of customers
- Serve as the primary administrator for the Zuora billing and subscription management platform.
- Provide guidance to other team members for handling complex issues and escalations.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines for your team.
- Monitor and maintain targeted team metrics, like ticket response times, CSAT scores, & intake processing times.
- Meet or exceed expected Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets
- Ensure that month-end billing close processes are completed accurately and on-time.
- Conduct coaching sessions as needed and provide training and resources to other team members, focusing on continued growth and development and knowledge gaps.
- Create initiatives that address knowledge/process gaps and improve the quality of our responses, escalations, and the overall customer experience.
- Expert knowledge of all the products under the Formstack suite and be able to coach or assist in resolving all types of billing inquiries.
- Lead or contribute to cross-functional projects that impact the billing team, billing processes, and aim to improve the overall billing experience of customers.
How You Will Succeed
- Be organized; you must be able to multi-task yet still ensure that positive customer experiences are a top priority
- Have a working knowledge of SaaS billing concepts
- Be able to work well with other teams within and outside of the finance organization
- Communicate frequently; include any progress, roadblocks, successes, and failures
- Always be willing to give and receive feedback
- Communicate complexities in a clear, concise way that is easy for customers to understand
- Act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years progressive experience in a billing role, including 1-3 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Experience working in a SaaS & subscription billing environment is a must
- Experience using Zuora and/or Salesforce/ServiceCloud is a must
- Experience scaling teams and processes in company experiencing rapid growth and/or featuring a large customer base (10K+ accounts) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to effectively multi-task, delegate, and prioritize assignments
- The ability to work well within a remote team environment
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.