SVP of Marketing
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for a Global Senior Vice President of Marketing to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Rob Lawrence, COO, at Formstack, is looking to hire a Global SVP of Marketing who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are:
- You are a creator who loves sketching the big picture and designing strategies that align with business goals.
- You are a strategic thinker and seasoned storyteller with a proven ability to build brands and drive growth.
- You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to roll up your sleeves with a “can-do” attitude.
- You have an intense passion for data-driven decision-making, are comfortable with large data sets, and constantly look to data to derive insights and action items for improvement
- You are a keen multitasker who thrives in a competitive environment
- You are a collaborator. You understand that collaboration spurs creativity and innovation, and delivers successful strategies.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a proven, dynamic, creative leader for our marketing team to scale our business. You will oversee and shape the Marketing organization, setting strategies while overseeing and delivering execution across: corporate marketing, demand generation, brand awareness, partner marketing, product marketing, campaigns, web marketing, events, PR and communication and marketing budget.
In this position you will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Scale a world-class marketing organization; mentor and grow a team of diverse marketing talent
- Lead and drive Formstack’s marketing vision, strategy and course; drive market leadership, go-to-market, campaigns, and execution
- Own delivery of ecomm and marketing generated pipeline targets, across both inbound and outbound motions; oversee team leadership of Formstack’s BDR and SDR teams
- Actively monitor and calibrate demand gen efforts to ensure sufficient pipeline generation and ROI; monitor conversion rates and other key KPIs at all stages of the pipeline funnel; support both outbound and inbound sales motions (SDR/BDR)
- Partner with Product Management teams to drive strategy around product positioning and messaging for existing products and new launches; create and support a compelling narrative and value proposition for both target customers as well as the Partner ecosystem
- Create content that drives thought leadership and relevance to target customers and buyer personas across our ecosystem
- Lead innovation and advancement of Formstack’s digital footprint (digital, social, content and Web marketing strategies, website design, collateral, events, videos, etc.) to reflect the positioning and showcase the vision of our product portfolio
- Develop and implement ABM/persona-based campaigns that increase demand and achieve growth goals
- AR/PR - Work closely with the industry experts and Analyst and Press Relations teams to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevancy in the market
- Design and manage the marketing department’s budget to plan
- A visionary with an understanding of the market and customer needs. Proven history of acting on customer input and thorough analysis of competitive intelligence
- The equivalent of 15+ years of experience in B2B marketing, ideally in a fast-growing SaaS environment
- Proven SaaS/Platform storytelling experience with a focus on positioning and analysis.
- Ability to understand complex technologies and their key buyer personas
- Proven ability to craft and articulate value propositions tailored to varying markets and customer needs
- Proven ability to design and execute high-performance, integrated marketing campaigns; well-versed in account-based marketing
- High proficiency in SEO, SEM, SMO, email marketing, and other digital marketing channels.
- Ability to engage and influence people cross-functionally across product, sales, finance, and marketing teams
- Metrics-driven with a strong ability to apply data and insights that inform demand den strategies
- Well-versed in ABM
- Global experience
- Prior experience with “Full funnel ownership” - Drive demand generation and marketing automation activities that enable the sales team to identify, qualify, and convert the targeted customer base
- Experience leading both inbound and outbound demand generation teams
- Experience working in Growth Equity or Private Equity-back businesses is a plus.
- Experience in various marketing automation tools to run effective marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- High energy and results-oriented.
- High integrity with Ethics first, collaborative, roll-up-the-sleeves mindset
Base salary between $225,000-$275,000 per year + bonus up to 20% of base salary
***This is a remote position***
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.