Senior Front End Engineer
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Greg McAlpine, Engineering Manager at Formstack, is looking to hire someone who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you are a professional with a passion for problem-solving, motivation to continuously learn, and the ability to make a meaningful impact on our products and teams. You should exercise a relentless ambition to build innovative solutions that maximize the user experience while balanced with consideration of application simplicity, performance, scalability, extensibility, and security. You possess a high proficiency with front-end languages, frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also have a fundamental awareness of languages and technologies used in back-end operations along with their relevance to front-end development.
You act as a leader within your area of expertise. You communicate effectively and collaborate well with colleagues. You are a detail-oriented individual that can help organize a project and see its execution from start to finish. You are able to make decisions independently, while also knowing when to build consensus or reach out for help. You are a team player and enjoy having fun.
What You’ll Do:
- Practice Scrum methodology to ensure features ship as planned and scheduled.
- Collaborate and contribute as a key member of an agile cross-functional team to drive product features from the design phase to implementation in production environments.
- Convert design mock-ups and prototypes into progressive web applications.
- Design architectural plans for front-end initiatives.
- Serve as a technical resource for development project plans.
- Execute projects, fix bugs, write tests, reduce technical debt, and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate actively in team discussions, Scrum ceremonies, and product demos.
- Mentor others to expand their knowledge, contributions, and professional development.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Worked on an agile cross-functional team comprised of Product Designers, Product Managers, Back-End Engineers, and QA Engineers
- Develop and test across multiple browsers and platforms
- Help improve and maintain our component library
- Ensure you and your fellow Front-End Engineers are adhering to development best practices and standards
- Provide constant feedback through Code Reviews
- Share knowledge with other Engineers whenever possible
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in developing web-based applications
- Experience with TypeScript
- 3+ years of development experience with modern client-side web frameworks such as React (preferred), Vue, or Angular
- Experience with libraries like Redux, Redux-Saga, Reselect
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful APIs returning JSON
- Proficient with version control systems (preferably Git) and code repositories (preferably Github)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts and software design patterns
- Ability to work remote with a fully distributed team
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously, pair with a peer, or collaborate as a member of the team
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude that is genuine and infectious
- Strong willingness to learn and embrace new technologies practical to the product and audience
- Experience building applications for a B2B audience
- Familiarity with writing queries for SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Smarty Template Engine
$120,000 - $135,000 per year (USD) + bonus up to 5% of base salary
***This is a remote position***
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.