We’re looking for a Collections Specialist to help us on the front-lines. The Collections Specialist will contribute to team and company goals by ensuring customers are informed of balances coming due, assisting customers in successfully making payment, and providing an excellent customer experience, all while making sure company policies are adhered to. You will work under the direction of the Billing Manager.
Who You Are:
You’re an exceptional communicator who can gracefully break down information and can offer creative and innovative win-win solutions. You are highly organized and tech-savvy. You are always curious to learn more – you might not know all of the answers, but you're eager to find them. You are not fearful of new technology, a hard worker who gets things done, and you have the ability to switch gears quickly and adjust your priorities and focus appropriately. You can easily adapt to change, and work well in a fast-paced, and ever-changing environment.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor accounts receivable and automated dunning efforts within the billing software
- Work with customers to collect past due balances to minimize profit loss
- Troubleshoot electronic payment failure issues and find resolution
- Process and apply incoming customer payments
- Process any necessary write-offs or credits
- Ensure customer contact information on file is up to date and accurate
- Maintain written and/or video process documentation as it relates to collections procedures
How You Will Succeed:
- Communicate clearly and frequently
- Follow established collections procedures and company policies
- Proactively build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Make judgment calls and use reasonable discretion to resolve customer complaints
What We Are Looking For:
- 1-3 years experience in a billing role focused on collections
- Proficient in use of current technology and software
- Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of billing concepts, particularly SaaS billing & subscriptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well within a remote team environment
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
$45,000 - $50,000 per year (USD) + bonus up to 5% of base salary
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.