Engineering Project Manager
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.
We are looking for an Engineering Project Manager to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Jakub Jakubiec, Vice President of Engineering at Formstack, is looking to hire someone who will complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are:
You have great attention to detail and enjoy keeping track of the who, what, when, where, and why. Constantly thinking about how to deliver projects on time keeps you up at night. You aren’t scared to make mistakes and try new things to achieve your objectives. You are comfortable not always knowing the answer and without a doubt a great communicator. You have experience partnering with outside software development vendors, making sure they provide services meeting predefined criteria. You can work with such a vendor to define project scope, write a statement of work and negotiate the cost. You then help them to onboard smoothly and enable them to start contributing to the company's goals as fast as possible. You’re a great facilitator, leading cross-functional teams of company employees and vendor representatives, towards fast and efficient implementations, removing impediments as needed.
What You’ll Do:
You will work in a hybrid setup of internal employees from multiple teams and external software developers to help scope and execute various projects. Responsibilities include planning new projects, searching for right software development partners, negotiating project contracts, tracking execution of the plan and managing expectations to deliver projects on time. You will be removing roadblocks so the partners you work with can move.
The majority of this role will be to manage projects, timelines and vendor relations. You should have an understanding of software development, SLDC processes, and be comfortable helping out when needed.
You will help prioritize a backlog of tech-related projects and need to be OK leading meetings.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Plan new projects and conduct searches for software development partners
- Track progress on various projects and manage timeline expectations
- Negotiate project contracts and remove roadblocks crucial to your team’s success
- Excellent project management skills
- Superb organization skills and process management
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to assess software development partners credibility
- You set measurable goals for yourself as well as others
- You can work asynchronously
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking
- You can work independently but also work well within a team environment
- Ability to leave your ego at the door
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working with software projects, agile process, and/or managing people
- Demonstrated success working in a software development environment
- Ability to provide training and technical leadership to external software development teams
- Proven success as a project manager, team lead or a similar position
- Comfortable building and managing external vendor relations
- Strong technical skills and understanding of project management methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with agile methodologies & scrum
- Experience with security management for SaaS products
- Ability to help plan the technical part of a release from start to finish
- Ability to run an effective meeting
- Ability to work remotely and with remote team members
- Ability to talk to non-technical people and groups
- The Ability to travel (<10%) for team meetups, conferences, etc.
- Previous experience working on a SaaS related product
- Experience working and managing teams over multiple time zones
- Experience using JIRA or similar software
- Experience with software development vendor security assessment processes
- Scrum certification
- AWS certifications
- Full-stack experience
- Mobile experience
$100,000 - $120,000 (USD) per year + bonus up to 5% of base salary
***This is a remote position***
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada(exclude Quebec):
- Free health plans and company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Formstack, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.